Looking for some fresh and innovative Teppanyaki Grill Recipes, and fresh ideas to try out on your Teppanyaki Grill Plate? Look no further! Here are 3 innovative teppanyaki grill recipes that you can use on your Lotus BBQ Grill, teppanyaki plate or pizza stone
Innovative Teppanyaki Grill Recipes – Cooked Charred Cos Lettuce
Description of the Meal:
Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure with our Innovative Teppanyaki Grill Recipe – Cooked Charred Cos Lettuce. This unique dish takes the humble cos lettuce to new heights, infusing it with smoky, charred flavours that are simply irresistible. It’s a delightful twist on your standard salad, perfect for impressing guests or treating yourself to a gourmet experience.
- Start by preheating your Teppanyaki grill to medium-high heat. The key to this recipe is to achieve a beautiful char on the lettuce while keeping it fresh inside.
- While the grill is heating up, prepare the lettuce. Cut each head of Cos lettuce in half lengthwise, leaving the root intact to hold the leaves together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. This flavorful dressing will elevate the taste of the lettuce.
- Brush the lettuce halves generously with the olive oil mixture, ensuring the leaves are well-coated. This will help them caramelize beautifully on the grill.
- Place the lettuce halves on the Teppanyaki grill, and cut side down. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the edges char and the lettuce wilts slightly but still maintains its freshness.
- Carefully flip the lettuce using tongs and grill for an additional 2 minutes on the other side. The goal is to create a balance between smoky char and the crispness of the lettuce.
- Once grilled to perfection, remove the lettuce from the grill and place it on a serving platter.
- Drizzle any remaining dressing over the charred Cos lettuce and sprinkle with sesame seeds for added texture and flavour.
- Serve immediately with zesty lemon wedges on the side for a bright, citrusy touch.
- Serving Size: 1/2 head of Cos lettuce
- Calories: 78
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 200mg
Enjoy the Innovative Teppanyaki Grill Recipe – Cooked Charred Cos Lettuce as a surprising and delightful appetizer or side dish that’s sure to leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
Innovative Teppanyaki Grill Recipes – Grilled Seaweed Salad
Description of the Meal:
Dive into the world of umami and freshness with our Grilled Seaweed Salad. This innovative Teppanyaki grill recipe takes traditional seaweed salad to a whole new level, infusing it with smoky, grilled flavours that perfectly complement the ocean’s bounty. It’s a refreshing and savoury twist on a classic Japanese dish.
- 1 cup dried mixed seaweed (wakame, nori, hijiki)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes (optional, for a touch of heat)
- Start by rehydrating the dried seaweed. Place the seaweed in a bowl and cover it with warm water. Let it soak for about 5 minutes or until it becomes tender. Once rehydrated, drain and squeeze out any excess water.
- Preheat your Teppanyaki grill to medium heat. The gentle heat will infuse a smoky flavour into the seaweed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, minced garlic, and grated ginger. This dressing will provide a delightful balance of flavours.
- Place the rehydrated seaweed directly on the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until you see a slight char develop. Be careful not to overcook; the goal is to impart a smoky essence while maintaining the seaweed’s natural texture.
- Remove the grilled seaweed from the grill and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing over the grilled seaweed and toss to coat. Add the sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds, mixing everything together to ensure the flavours meld beautifully.
- If you like a touch of heat, sprinkle with red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve your Grilled Seaweed Salad immediately as a delicious appetizer or side dish, capturing the essence of the ocean with every bite.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 102
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 429mg
Enjoy the Grilled Seaweed Salad as a unique and flavorful addition to your Teppanyaki grill repertoire. It’s a delightful combination of textures and tastes that will tantalize your palate.
Teppanyaki Grill Recipes – BBQ Pancakes
Description of the Meal:
Experience the delightful fusion of breakfast and barbecue with our Teppanyaki Grill BBQ Pancakes. These pancakes take a twist on the traditional breakfast favourite, infusing them with the smoky essence of the grill. The result is a satisfying, slightly crispy exterior with a soft, fluffy interior – a perfect morning treat for pancake lovers.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Cooking spray or extra butter for greasing the grill
- Preheat your Teppanyaki grill to medium heat. The gentle heat will help cook the pancakes evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter. Whisk until the wet ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are perfectly fine.
- Lightly grease the Teppanyaki grill with cooking spray or a small amount of melted butter.
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour small circles of pancake batter onto the grill. Cook each pancake for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes. You should see a slight char on the outside, which adds a unique grill flavour.
- Once both sides are cooked to perfection, remove the BBQ pancakes from the grill.
- Serve these Teppanyaki Grill BBQ Pancakes hot, with your favourite toppings like maple syrup, fresh berries, or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 448mg
Enjoy these Teppanyaki Grill BBQ Pancakes as a mouthwatering breakfast or brunch option. They combine the classic appeal of pancakes with a smoky twist that will leave you craving for more.
What is the Teppanyaki Grill Plate?
Traditionally the Teppanyaki Grill Plate is a versatile cooking surface used in Japanese cuisine. It consists of a flat, usually stainless steel or iron plate that is heated, typically as part of a tableside cooking experience in teppanyaki restaurants.
Teppanyaki, which translates to “grilling on an iron plate,” involves skilled chefs preparing and grilling various ingredients, including meats, seafood, vegetables, and rice, directly on this hot surface.
The Teppanyaki Grill Plate offers a unique cooking method known for its entertaining presentation and delicious results. Chefs showcase their culinary expertise by performing tricks and culinary artistry, such as flipping and chopping ingredients. This interactive dining experience is popular in Japanese and international cuisine, bringing diners closer to the cooking process. The grill plate’s even heat distribution allows for precise control over cooking temperatures and times, ensuring that each ingredient is cooked to perfection. It’s an ideal platform for creating flavorful dishes that often incorporate soy sauce, garlic, butter, and other seasonings. Teppanyaki meals are typically served with dipping sauces like soy or ginger sauce.
Teppanyaki Grill Recipes and Plates have Evolved
Over time, the term Teppanyaki Grill Plate has evolved, it is now been brought into people’s homes and back gardens, with innovatively designed BBQ Grill Plates used to cook Teppanyaki Meals. One leading Brand in the development of the BBQ Teppanyaki plate is LotusGrill. You can review them and others by following this link!
In summary, the Teppanyaki Grill Plate is a key component of teppanyaki cooking, offering a hot, flat surface where skilled chefs create delicious, grilled dishes with flair and showmanship, making it a popular and entertaining dining experience.
How To Supply Us Your Favourite Teppanyaki Grill Recipes
We would truly be happy if you were able to supply us with your favorite Teppanyaki Grill Recipe, or for that matter any BBQ Recipe. We love cooking and experimenting with new flavors, rubs, cooking methods, etc. So please do send us your favorite recipe. We will certainly try it out and will provide feedback on our experience. In the meantime have a quick look-see at our Photography Gallery page, where we share a gallery of all our published photos alongside photos we have received from subscribers. Access the Photography Gallery here!